For the second year, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP is delighted to join TEI’s Audit & Appeals Seminar, sponsor, and lead a full day dedicated to state and local tax controversies covering:
- Understanding the State Tax Controversy Lifecycle
Speakers: Marc A. Simonetti, Sutherland; Pilar Mata, Tax Executives Institute
- Best Practices for Preparing and Managing State Tax Audits
Speakers: Madison J. Barnett and Michele Borens, Sutherland
- Best Practices for Protests and Litigation
Speakers: Timothy A. Gustafson and Carley A. Roberts, Sutherland
- A Luncheon Panel Comprised of Distinguished State Tax Court Judges
- Thomas Hammond, Chairman of the Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board
- Roberta Moseley Nero, President and Commissioner of the New York State Tax Appeals Tribunal
- Bill Thompson, First Chief Tax Tribunal Judge of the Alabama Tax Tribunal
- Pilar Mata (Moderator), Tax Executives Institute
- Settlement Strategies: Getting to Yes!
Speakers: Jonathan A. Feldman and Leah Robinson, Sutherland
- Coordinating Federal, State and Multistate Tax Audits and Controversies
Speakers: Andrew D. Appleby and Maria M. Todorova, Sutherland
- Industry Perspective of Managing Audits and Litigation
- Stephanie Anderson, State Tax Counsel at Amazon.com
- Jaimie Lee, Indirect Tax Senior Manager at Uber USA LLC
- Jen Galbreath, Director, State and Local Tax Audits at Comcast Corporation
- Nick Kory, Director and Senior Tax Counsel at IBM Corporation
- Jeffrey A. Friedman (Moderator), Sutherland
The program will take place June 13-15* in Boston, Massachusetts:
- June 13-14 – Insights and Skills for Federal Tax Controversy Success
- June 15 – Managing State and Local Tax Controversies, sponsored by Sutherland
Sutherland also invites attendees to join us for the Red Sox vs. Orioles baseball game the evening of Tuesday, June 14. Join us and register for TEI’s Audits & Appeals Seminar today!
Click here for event details and registration information. #TEIAuditseast
*TEI is also hosting an Audits & Appeals Seminar May 17-19 in Santa Clara, California. The programming for Day 3 will focus on international tax controversies in challenging jurisdictions.
**Limited number available. Official RSVP invite will go out to TEI Audits & Appeals registrants at a later date.