Read our August 2018 posts on stateandlocaltax.com or read each article by clicking on the title. For the latest coverage and commentary on state and local tax developments delivered directly to your phone, download the latest version of the Eversheds Sutherland SALT Shaker app.
- SALT Pet of the Month: Teyo
Meet Teyo, a mixed breed, part Boxer and part American bulldog owned by Karen Galdamez, Director of National and International Meetings at the Council On State Taxation (COST).
- Can’t Hardly Wait — Cryptocurrency and State Tax Legislation
In this article in the Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, Charlie Kearns and Dennis Jansen provide an overview of the recent state and local tax legislative developments affecting cryptocurrency, including attempts to protect miners or holders from excessive taxation and incent them to “locate” in a jurisdiction.
- Missouri Court of Appeals Affirms Tracfone Wireless Subject to City of Springfield’s License Tax
The Missouri Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court’s finding that Tracfone Wireless was a “home service provider” under the Mobile Telecommunications Sourcing Act and owed the City of Springfield unpaid gross receipts license taxes.
- Videocast: State tax considerations of IRC § 965
In this Bottom Line videocast, Eversheds Sutherland attorneys Aaron Payne and Todd Betor discuss the state tax consequences and considerations of IRC § 965. This videocast includes:
- A federal income tax overview of IRC § 965
- SALT considerations of IRC § 965
- Specific state responses
- Videocast: Indirect tax compliance in the global digital economy
In this video, Eversheds Sutherland (US) Partner Maria Todorova and Eversheds Sutherland (International) Partner Giles Salmond discuss:
- Why taxpayers need to be aware of the global indirect tax landscape
- Impact of the Wayfair decision on indirect taxes
- Why indirect taxes are important if you supply digitized services
Send us your news for the next issue of SALT Society, which features events in the lives of state and local tax practitioners. Please share pictures from your vacation, a favorite hobby, a new baby, wedding news or a house move!